[mythtv-users] Some success with recording on nehemiah m10k

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Sep 27 14:43:19 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 00:22, Ben Nolan wrote:
> Sorry – it’s  not directly mythtv related – but I’ve just set myself
> up an epia m-10000 board with a bttv capture card. The box is running
> debian stable (mostly) with unstable’s xfree86 and the via graphics
> driver. I’ve yet to try the vidix extensions (they’ll be next).
>

> Aaaanyway! I’ve successfully recorded tv (320x240x25fps mjpeg) and
> played back a divx (nemo / bourne identity / few others) at the same
> time on the box. Just thought some of you might be interested to here.

Do you mean you had SOFTWARE encoding and SOFTWARE decoding at teh same
time without problems? What were your cpu loads of the processes?

This sound good to me, as I want to do it on a ME6000 (Eden CPU) but
with hardware encoding and hardware mpeg2 decoding if I get the decoding
of the CLE266 to work. So it is fast enough to do divx? Which
resolution?

Torsten