[mythtv-users] Ultimate affordable VMWARE 4.0/MythTV box suggestions?

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 20:49:34 EDT 2003

Tobias,

I was hoping to put together one central "server" both
NT and Linux while running Linux clients. Since it was
doubtful that a video capture card (PVR-150) would run
on VMWARE I thought "Hey, why not have the clients run
the encoding and save to the backend?" At least I can
access the video from any MythTV frontend and possibly
Windows media player on my network. It would be nice
to archive to DVD as well.

I'm probably missing something but why don't you just
install the
MythTV
backend on the host OS directly ?

/ Tobias