[mythtv-users] Ultimate affordable VMWARE 4.0/MythTV box suggestions?

bdillahu at peachbush.com bdillahu at peachbush.com
Fri Sep 26 17:01:48 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:48:20PM +0200, Tobias Blomberg wrote:
> I'm probably missing something but why don't you just install the MythTV
> backend on the host OS directly ?

I agree... I'm in charge of rolling out VMWare on about 2000 desktops at work.
Great product and I think it does well, but if you have Linux as a base (good
choice, as far as I'm concerned), then just run myth there and run your
Windows stuff in VMWare as needed... mind that VMWare can pull a lot of CPU,
and trying to run myth (record a show or something) at the same time you're
banging on VMWare probably would get poor recordings, but...

Bruce