[mythtv-users] We need a new release SOON...

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 26 17:32:24 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 11:11, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 26 September 2003 10:14 am, Albert Santoni wrote:
> > This amount of problems being reported to this mailing list has skyrocketed
> > latetly (maybe just the problem to non-problem email ratio.)
>
> Not really, no.  Most issues being reported have to do with CVS.  Everyone
> else just can't read, mainly.  I'm certainly not ready for a release.
>
> Isaac

I agree with Isaac. (not that I have a saying anyway...)  Most of the
problems I see are from people trying to run the 0.11 release but they
feel like updating something to the latest release OR from people
finding problems from the cvs itself.  The stuff in the cvs is in the
process of changing rapidly and things are getting broken one day and
are fixed that afternoon...  Come to think of it, that is probably what
you see when people say "that is fixed in the cvs".
anyway, if you compiled everything from source it's just one more step
to do the same from the cvs... it's no magic bullet though...

-jose-