[mythtv-users] my other problems with the add-ons

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 26 17:17:36 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 13:51, Bruce Markey wrote:

> You shouldn't be running 'make -f Makefile'. Compile and install
> mythtv with 'configure', 'qmake', 'make', 'make install' so that
> libmyth is in place then 'qmake' and 'make' for each plugin.
>
> See http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.4 and
> and sections 12-19 for the add-ons you inted to install.
>
> --  bjm
>
> ----

Bruce replied a little too fast. the "cd mythdvd && make -f Makefile"
line was not typed by the user, it was executed by the makefile.

Manuel, as far as your question...  What version of myth are you
running?  Not that that would tell me what the problem is...  To tell
you the truth, this dependencies problems (methink that's what it is)
are _really_ hard to track. Probably you have the wrong version of
something or other but I cannot tell what.  also note that I said
_wrong_ version and not old version, sometimes you need the latest
version of something but sometimes the latest version does not work...
Not very helpful am I?  The only thing I would recommend is that you
start from scratch.  Get the latest cvs's of everything and compile it
all.  It's fun once you get used to it...  I have a script (makefile
actually) that runs make distclean in all the relevant directories,
updates to latest cvs of everything and then runs qmake and make where
it is suppossed to.  Of course, I probably spent longer writing and
bug-proofing that script than if I just would have typed the stuff
myself...
Good luck.

-jose-