[mythtv-users] Ultimate affordable VMWARE 4.0/MythTV box suggestions?

Wayne Veilleux wayne.veilleux at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 26 12:51:35 EDT 2003

I'm currently using VMware 3.1.1 everyday on Linux running mostly
Microsoft OS and sometimes Linux and FreeBSD. I did not look for new
feature on VMware 4.0 but I'm pretty sure it won't see any TV tuner
card. And, if that would be possible, you would need a "monster power
pc" to have enough power to run that kind of multimedia application.
VMware is very good for desktop apps like MS-Office but when you try
to run any multimedia apps (even like an mp3 player) the performance
is very bad. If it is a $ concern, I suggest to buy a used Athlon XP.

Hope that helped.

-- Wayne

------------------ Linuxez-vous les uns les autres -------------------
Wayne Veilleux ing.                        wayne.veilleux at sympatico.ca