[mythtv-users] Kword TV878RF-Pro

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 07:07:45 EDT 2003

I have that card and its remote working.  You need to
use the lirc_gpio
kernel module.  My modules.conf includes

alias char-major-61 lirc_gpio
options bttv card=78 tuner=2 radio=1 gbuffers=4

The CVS lirc includes parameters for the kworld
remote, but my bttv version
did not identify the kworld remote, so before
compiling lirc I had to edit
drivers/lirc_gpio/lirc_gpio.c to add

#define BTTV_KWORLD 0x4e

before the big table of remote receiver parameters
(you'll notice the #ifdef
BTTV_KWORLD about a dozen lines further down).  I
think that as an
alternative you could place the needed parameters from
the table in the
options bttv line in modules.conf, if you can find the
keyword names.

In my Mandrake 9.1 with devfs install, the placement
of device links in
/dev/lirc instead of /dev caused enormous confusion.
I dealt with this by
using

/usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc/0

in /etc/rc.local to start lircd, overriding the
default /dev/lirc.