[mythtv-users] OSS -vs- ALSA sound

Jay Camp campjr at verizon.net
Fri Sep 26 08:46:25 EDT 2003

You need to make sure that your line-in is set to capture, volume turned up,
and muted.  The capture line should also be set to capture and volume turned
up on it.  This must be done because MythTV buffers video and audio, so
playing it out as it is read fromt he cable isn't what we're looking for.
That's why we're muting and capturing.  This is for ALSA on a SB Live!
(emu10k1).  Here is a good guide for setting up ALSA even if you're not
using Gentoo:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml