[mythtv-users] Xbox remote

Darren Mak dmak at digitalweb.ca
Thu Sep 25 01:25:44 EDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Cartier [mailto:pvr at trigger.net]
Sent: September 24, 2003 8:04 PM
To: dmak at digitalweb.ca; Discussion about mythtv
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] Xbox remote

Hi Darren

The 0.3 version already had the latest usb-xboxir.o module included in
it. The version on my site was intended for people using 0.2.

If you are not getting the front-end up at all, check your mysql.txt
file in  the /root/.mythtv dir (included in myth.tgz) for the correct
settings.

As for getting a generic remote working with the Xbox, try removing the
xpad driver from memory before you load the usb-xboxir module. Use ssh
to do this. Launching the front-end from an ssh session so you can see
what it is failing on, also helps. Remember to set the DISPLAY variable
when launching from ssh to direct the output to the local X server.

Dennis