[mythtv-users] Good hardware for first system?

Robert Couch rc_gamer at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 10:23:14 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I was looking at buying a Tivo when I found the MythTV
project.  Looks very cool!  Anyways, I would like to
try my hand at creating one of these Linux/MythTV
DVRs.  (Mostly for fun and partly because I do not
want a Tivo)

Can someone help me with a hardware list?  I would
like to know what hardware I would need
(capture/tuner/video) to build a basic low end DVR
that would give me the same, if not better, quality
than a Tivo.

I have looked at the WinTV 350
http://www.hauppauge.com/html/wintvpvr350_datasheet.htm
but that seems a little pricey for what I need...maybe
the WinTV Radio
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=695005&cs=19&c=us&l=en?order_code=DTAFD&DGVCode=SS

Thanks for any help you can give :)

(I apologize if this has been asked a 100 times
before, just starting out here)