[mythtv-users] EPIA M6000

Aran Cox spin at avalon.net
Wed Sep 24 11:35:19 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 07:05, Thomas Koglbauer wrote:
> hi,
>
> i look around in the mailinglist and google but i did not find any
> information about epia and mythtv.
>
> my question:
>
> - what status do you have?
> - what does work and what not?
> - do you have a working mpeg2 decoder?
>
> i want to use mythtv to watch my dvd movies.
>
> - does this work?
> - and does it work with epia mpeg decoder? maybe vexp?
>
> if this works what components do i have to use?

Most of the questions you are asking are either general linux questions,
or questions that are answered in the archive of this mailing list.  In
fact, despite the fact that some of the questions are general linux
questions, they're still answered repeatedly on this list.

If you want to know what hardware on the EPIA M6000 board is supported
under linux, google is probably your best bet to find the answer to
those questions.  Isaac is adding support for EPIA M boards with cle266
mpeg2 decoders to MythTV, it's in the CVS version now.  (I don't know
how complete it is though, I think it's still a work in progress.)

Can you watch DVD's under Linux?  Uh, yes.

If you couldn't find any information about EPIA boards, Linux, and
MythTV you weren't looking in the right place.