[mythtv-users] nuvexport and output file size

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Tue Sep 23 20:51:10 EDT 2003

Hi!

Now that I have nuvexport working for exporting recordings to SVCD, I've run
into a (minor?) problem... I can see that the script is telling mpeg2enc to
split the output into 795 MB pieces, but the resulting video is one big file,
about 1 GB in size. Now, I can fiddle with the settings to bring the size down
a bit, but is it working as it should be? I thought that the multiplexer (I
have tcmplex, so I assume it's using that...) is supposed to split the output
into bite-sized chunks.... am I doing something wrong?

(my nuvexport is from about 3 days ago)

I'm kind of surprised... it only takes about 8 hours to encode a one-hour
recording, without the noise-reduction filter. The output looks decent in
mplayer, but I don't have a DVD player handy to test it on to see how it looks
on a TV...

aaron