[mythtv-users] qt and mysql in gentoo

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 20:35:35 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 11:29 am, Paul Peltz, Jr. wrote:
> It works for me, but I had to set the qt plugin dir as both myself and
> root, but the problem is that the /etc/init.d/mythbackend script isn't
> working and I have to start the mythbackend manually.  Is there another
> user I need to set the qt plugin dir for to allow for the init script to
> work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
I thought I'd share that I rebuilt my RH8 mythbackend as a Gentoo box.
emerging QT3 with mysql in my USE variable and then turning around and
compiling mythtv from CVS worked fine.  I'm stole the init script from the
mythtv ebuild in Gentoo CVS so we're  the same there.  You might try
re-emerging QT3 after a sync of your portage tree, maybe even removing it and
then emerging a fresh copy.  The QT3 ebuilds had changes made this weekend.

Michael