[mythtv-users] Recorded / Live-TV picture size scaling?

Ingo Brueckl ib at wupperonline.de
Wed Sep 24 01:12:00 EDT 2003

Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> writes:

>> I tried a 1900x1200 X screen size and did not see much difference in the
>> tv picture compared to a 640x480 X screen size.

 BM> That makes sense.

I have still problems to understand it.

 BM> There is is same amount of data in the picture either way

Yes, but this same amount of (captured) data is either displayed in a very
small or a very large X screen. How can the quality be the same?

I was expecting bad quality like when zooming into a jpeg picture. If
unscaled: the larger the screen, the smaller the picture - or if scaled (to
make the picture alway fit the screen), the larger the screen, the worse the
picture, because you start seeing pixels.

Ingo