[mythtv-users] PVR 250 Interlaced Playback issues on mythfrontend

Joseph Kennedy josephk at mac.com
Mon Sep 22 23:59:00 EDT 2003

Ok, I spoke with Billy Briggs, the author of tvtime, and he set me
straight as far as interlaced output with an nvidia card goes.

There does not appear to be any way to definitively predict with field
( top or bottom) will be drawn from card's buffer when you begin
playing video...you can, through experimentation, make your best
approximation as to when it will happen and time for it in a reasonable
way, but that does not mean it will always be predictable, or that it
cannot be "broken" through normal use like just playing or scrubbing
the video.

The only consumer cards that appear to have interrupt field support for
tv-out are the matrox G series and this has been hacked in through
reverse engineering...I'm not even sure that it's complete...I'm still
going to try though.

I'm not sure why it is that the fields appear to be out of order even
when de-interlacing is enabled though...probably a result of the linear
blending causing motion blur, or just the tv encoder chip not being
geared towards outputting video per-say.

DISCLAIMER: I may have screwed up the explanation...lol