[mythtv-users] Packard Bell Remote lircrd config?

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sun Sep 21 12:34:23 EDT 2003

On 20 Sep 2003 at 11:32, Brent Borghese wrote:

> But, I have had nothing but problems using the Packard Bell rs-232
> receiver with LIRC, I did get it working, but it would work for 10

I've experienced the same thing with my PB  remote.  It hasn't been a problem
in recent times (say last couple months) but I do remember having that
experience where it would just stop working. I'd then restart lirc and
sometimes that would fix the problem, other times not. Now it just works.

I also noticed when it wasn't working that I'd see lots of the "AIEEE....."
errors in syslog related to lirc.

My problem is I have like 4 remotes and haven't decided which I want to use
or if I want to get a usb wireless keyboard with integrated mouse so that I
can have a regular keyboard for normal use (I have 4 machines hooked up to
same monitor, kb and mouse using a kvm switch) and the wireless for myth use
only.

One of these days I'll try setting up the ATI remote wonder or the remote
that came with my PVR-250. Before I used the PB remote, I used an X10 Mouse
Remote and an IR wireless keyboard.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting