[mythtv-users] Almost got my LIRC problem

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Sep 21 10:55:20 EDT 2003

On Sunday, Sep 21, 2003, at 09:30 US/Pacific, Shay - MythTV wrote:

> It Works!

Hallelujah!

> I ended up having to go in and hand delete all the lirc files that
> MythTV-Suite puts in.  They were being put in 2 separate places and
> must have been conflicting..  Its weird that they would be in 2
> locations.. It's also weird that few others see this behavior.

Yes, definitely weird. I've not had that problem at all, nor heard
anyone else report it... It SHOULD be the case that upgrading via rpm
replaces everything...

> Well, now I just have to work on getting the video playback quality
> better..  not sure if its that or the recording quality.

Good luck! I'm guessing part of that may be due to the relative
slowness of your CPU (Athlon 750, right?), though my remote frontend
Athlon 800 plays back 720x480 PVR-250 streams from another machine just
fine... But then it isn't doing any capture, writing to disk, etc.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...