[mythtv-users] Horizontal Line Flicker and Motion Drag Lines :(

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 11:06:14 EDT 2003

On Sunday 21 September 2003 02:30, Clif Deanhardt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm seeing the horizontal line flicker that I've seen mentioned here before,
> as well as the horizontal drag lines on moderately fast moving things on the
> screen during playback.  Does anyone know how to clear these? The
> infuriating thing is that I'd seen these on a previous incarnation of this
> machine (when I was running Mandrake 9) and it was one of the problems that
> I was actually able to fix.  But I was dumb enough not to write the fix
> down.  Unfortunately,  I had other more serious problems and decided to drop
> back to RedHat.  Now all the other problems I was seeing are gone, but these
> blasted lines are back!
>
> Does anyone know how to get rid of them? I believe the two are related, and
> that the problem lies with the configuration of the video out
> drivers/XWindows.  I haven't tested this 'cause I'm  not savy enough to know
> how to turn the .nuv files into something I can see on my windows box, so in
> the case of the motion drag lines it *might* be the 250 and ivtv, but I
> doubt it.

If you're using a PVR-250, just rename the recording from .nuv -> .mpg and you
can play them in Windows (unless you've transcoded them...)

> > My Machine ----------------------
>
> VIA KT266 Chipset
> Athalon 2300+
> 256MB Ram
> PVR250
> NVidia MX440SE TV-Out
> RH9
> Myth 0.11

Which drivers are you using?  You could try enabling "Experimental A/V Sync"
in Setup->TV Setup->Playback, but this only works with the -4363 NVidia
binary drivers; the lastest version broke this support.  You can get the
-4363 version from NVidia's archive.  I suspect this might be what 'broke'
when you changed distros, if you downloaded the lastet drivers from NVidia
when you reinstalled.

-JAC