[mythtv-users] Channel Tuning Problem

Steve Bower sbower at cisco.com
Sun Sep 21 10:42:51 EDT 2003

DK> I finally got my MythTV installation to the point where I can
DK> watch TV, but only channels 5 and 6. Any suggestions on how to fix
DK> this? I'm lost.  Everything else just comes in snow. I've checked
DK> and rechecked my settings for input and stuff. It's weird because
DK> those two channels come in fine. Makes no sense.

What's your signal source?  Antenna or cable tv?

Check whatever electronics you're using to get the signal to your card,
I wonder if some sort of FM trap might be limiting the frequencies
you're getting.  IIRC FM radio falls right around the channel 5-6 range.

You could try moving the signal feed that's currently going into your
card to your TV, and verify that all the channels are really there.

The ivtv driver also talks about selecting different tuner types, which
you might want to experiment with.  Mine required a "type=2" module
option.

  Steve.