[mythtv-users] Color adjustment per card?

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Sat Sep 20 17:11:02 EDT 2003

Bruce Markey wrote:
> Chris Petersen wrote:
> >>Is there any way to get the colors right for both?   Will mythtv
> save the
> >>contrast settings on a per card basis?  Is there another way to
> get this to
> >>work?
> >

> > My suggestion (this is what I do) would be to adjust your color
> settings> for your monitor..
>
> True, you do need to adjust your monitor but there are two
> other issues here. First, the v4l settings affect the picture
> before it is recorded. If the contrast is too high, there will
> be blooming in the recording. Adjusting the monitor on
> playpack will not fix the blurred edges that are now in the
> recorded image. Second, he has two different cards that have
> different picture setting needs. you would need to change the
> monitor settings back and forth each time you switched from a
> bttv recording to a PVR recording.

It sounds like I need a combination of these two solutions.  I think my
PVR
colors are recording fine, but my tv-out is over saturated, while my bttv
card
needs the adjustments that Bruce provided.

Bruce, have you thought of commiting the changes you have to disable
color adjustments for the pvr (as an option)?  I'm sure you and I aren't the
only ones who need this and it could suffice until a proper coding is done
using the profiles.  Regardless, I appreciate the info you gave me, it was
very detailed and informative.

Thanks,

Bob C.