[mythtv-users] Volume control in mythvideo?

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 20 08:24:00 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 00:51, DMW wrote:

> > See 'keys.txt', but I'll save you looking it up and tell you it is:
>

> Ok, I just noticed you were looking for mythVIDEO. So, see 'man mplayer' but
> I'll save you some time again. =)
>  / and *             decrease/increase volume
> 9 and 0             decrease/increase volume
>
> I don't know if these can be mapped though.
>
> - Dave
I know what you mean.  I went through it myself, you don't want to start
watching a video and all of the sudden you need to reprogram your remote
just to change the volume.  This is what I did...

I got xine (I think it's better than mplayer anyway) the advantage is
that xine has a keymap file that is easy to change and you can set the
keys to the same as myth.  AND you can use xine for dvd playback too.

-jose-