[mythtv-users] nuvexport toolame?, mythmkmovie need help...

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 01:54:48 EDT 2003

ok made more progress.. lol before I read your post I stumbled onto
mjpegtools. I've never heard of or used perldoc before. I'm using the latest
one right off of http://forevermore.net/myth/ as of about an hr ago. I'm
running mandrake 9.1, the problem I had with tooLAME was that after I
extracted it, it had no file extension so not knowing about the 'file'
command I had no idea what to do with it. I then figured out it was a tar,
extracted, compiled and installed it. Now I'm running nuvencode, it actually
looks like it is working now, hammering away at my file and creating an
output so I will let it finish and see what happens. I tried streaming the
video and audio while it's encoding over windows and it works! The audio is
in the wrong frequency however and is very fast. I encode at 32khz mp3 and I
hope this works, since I can't change that (lame crashes if i go higher for
some reason).

   INFO: [mpeg2enc] Frame end 952 B quant=12.84 total act= 66397.9
   INFO: [mpeg2enc] GOP start (15 frames)bits/s   e=110482.7kbits/s
   INFO: [mpeg2enc] Frame end 953 I quant=13.68 total act= 66721.5
   INFO: [mpeg2enc] Frame end 954 B quant=11.59 total act= 66769.0