[mythtv-users] Re: My Lirc problems - I'm dying here..

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Sep 20 00:37:25 EDT 2003

On Friday, Sep 19, 2003, at 15:05 US/Pacific, Shay - MythTV wrote:

> What are the start/stop/restart scripts?

/etc/init.d/. Those are the things you're actually calling when you
issue a 'service blah start/stop/restart'.

> I did find lircd and lircmd in /usr/local/bin, which I deleted, but
> now I get a failure when I do [/sbin/service lircd start

So you've got source and rpm versions installed? Or just source?

> Starting infrared remote control daemon: execvp: No such file or
> directory FAILED]

Hm... When you installed the source version, did you take care to
remove all the rpm lirc stuff? lirc 0.6.6 gets installed by the
'apt-get install mythtv-suite' line... Sounds like you could have
conflicting lirc components laying about...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...