[mythtv-users] Help! Persistent failure with HW encoding

Itai Tavor itai at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 20 16:47:08 EDT 2003

On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 07:49 AM, Isaac wrote:

> On Friday 19 September 2003 05:24 am, Itai Tavor wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Back when the hardware decoding support was first added to the CVS, I
>> was able to make it work quite easily... but since then, things have
>> changed and now nothing I do stops it from segfaulting.
>
> It's crashing inside of libddmpeg, so there's really absolutely
> nothing I can
> do about that.
>
> Isaac

Thanks, Isaac. Fair enough - wouldn't expect you to debug libddmpeg :)

However... you do have HW decoding working, right? Could you give me
some details about your setup (XFree86 version, kernel, which
CLEXF400xx package you got via_drv.o and libddmpeg.so out of, etc.)? I
imagine there's not much difference between your setup and mine, so I
just have to find out the different element that is causing the problem.

Thanks, Itai