[mythtv-users] Color adjustment per card?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Sep 19 17:10:12 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen wrote:
>>Is there any way to get the colors right for both?   Will mythtv save the
>>contrast settings on a per card basis?  Is there another way to get this to
>>work?
>

> My suggestion (this is what I do) would be to adjust your color settings
> for your monitor..

True, you do need to adjust your monitor but there are two
other issues here. First, the v4l settings affect the picture
before it is recorded. If the contrast is too high, there will
be blooming in the recording. Adjusting the monitor on
playpack will not fix the blurred edges that are now in the
recorded image. Second, he has two different cards that have
different picture setting needs. you would need to change the
monitor settings back and forth each time you switched from a
bttv recording to a PVR recording.

--  bjm