[mythtv-users] Almost got my LIRC problem

Shay - MythTV mythtv at highstyleweb.com
Fri Sep 19 16:55:40 EDT 2003

Jarod,

I really hope you can help me out.  This might even be a bug you can put in
your install doc?  Anyways, it looks like the problem is the initial
reboot and do this, all works:

# rm -rf /dev/lircd
# /sbin/depmod -a
# /sbin/modprobe ivtv
# /sbin/modprobe lirc_dev
# /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
# /sbin/service lircd start
exit
$ /usr/bin/irw

I haven't actually tested the remote, I'm at work.. ;)   But it doesn't
come right back to the prompt which makes me thing it might actually be
working.

Any idea what I could do to get it to work at reboot?

Thanks a bunch for all the help and the great website!
-Shay

Modules.conf:
# For ivtv
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/drivers/media/video
# For bttv and saa7134
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/v4l2
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=2
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
alias eth0 8139too
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null
2>&1
|| :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null
2>&1 |
| :
alias char-major-195 nvidia