[mythtv-users] Sound not in sync

Manuel Vazquez manuel at freddie.homelinux.com
Thu Sep 18 19:33:27 EDT 2003

Hi,

> You mean btaudio, I think. Depends on the card; very few vidcap cards
> actually support btaudio. The jumper-cable approach you are taking really
> is the standard one for bttv cards (not ivtv cards, though).

Yes, I mean btaudio.

> The amount of RAM does not tell us the speed. The slowest PIII I have is
> around 500 MHz, and it would be too slow to capture decent video with a
> bttv card. But speed problems do not, in my experience, manifest themselves
> as audio-sync problems but as dropped video frames. In any case, though,
> asking us if a system is "too slow" without mentioning its clock speed is
> pointless.

I also thought so

> What does "not in sync" mean, exactly? Is audio early or late? How far out
> of sync? Does it show up in both live TV and playback of recorded material?
> Does the problem occur right away or does the sound drift more and more out
> of sync over time?
>
> If you play non-Myth video (through xine or mplayer, say) do you see
> similar sync problems? If you watch true "live TV" using, say, xawtv, does
> it also hae a sync problem?

OK, the audio is and stays for about 2 seconds late. I checked KWinTV, it
works fine. But I didn't record with it. Just heard the sound coming from the
line in of my sound card. So this is working.
I tried to play some video files with MPlayer (mpeg1 vcd, mpeg2 svcd) and they
all did work properly.
Could it be the sound card? It should be able to run in full duplex mode. I
think there would be dropped audio parts or something like that. So the sound
card should be ok....