[mythtv-users] CPU Opinions

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Sep 17 23:21:56 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003, at 06:30 US/Pacific, Shay - MythTV wrote:

> OK, so how about a 750 mhz chip?  I'm getting some poor picture
> quality and I'm wondering if its the CPU..  I'm using a pvr-250 so the
> recording should be fine.. I stress should as I probably have a
> setting wrong somewhere..  but anyone tried it with that slow of a > cpu?

I mentioned it in another thread already, but... I have an Athlon 800
that plays back 720x480 PVR-250 files with nary a problem, though they
are streaming over the network, not captured locally. CPU usage for
PVR-250 captures is so low though, I believe it would be able to handle
both capture and playback.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE