[mythtv-users] OT: Turning 2 Harddrives into 1....

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Wed Sep 17 17:13:22 EDT 2003

Would he run into any problems copying from the same filesystem where he's
currently running from?  I've always just booted from a boot cd or floppy
(like Gentoo's live cd, there's many others), mounted my source &
destination partitions, & used cp -a (IIRC -a preserves more of the file
info, and also does recursive like -R).  But granted that was running on the
assumption that I might have problems copying everything from my current
root then having it boot.

- Willy