[mythtv-users] Mythmusic problems

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 17 17:42:08 EDT 2003

Well, I sorted out my problems with mplayer by switching to the fluxbox
wm. Now I'm having issues with mythmusic...

When trying to rip a cd, the following is spat out to the console:

metadata.o: Your database is out of whack, This is not good.
playlist.o: Hey! I can't load playlists if you don't give me a hostname!
playlist.o: Hey! I can't load playlists if you don't give me a hostname!
ERROR opening output file /mnt/massstore/music/Jamiroquai/A Funk
Odyssey/1 - Feel So Good.mp3
Segmentation fault

/mnt/massstore/music exists and myth has read + write access to it.
I've tried dropping the musicmetadata and musicplaylist tables then
running the metadata.sql script again. This recreates the two tables
fine but I still get the same error above.

Also, when scanning for music (I've put a few existing mp3's in
/mnt/massstore/music for testing), the screen flashes briefly then goes
back to the menu. Each time I do this I get the following in the
console:

metadata.o: Your database is out of whack, This is not good.

This is using the CVS from this afternoon.

Cheers,
Kent