[mythtv-users] resolution discussion

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Sep 16 21:24:28 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003, at 11:40 US/Pacific, Dale Weber wrote:

> On Monday 08 September 2003 9:22 am, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
>> Around Seattle, I can get quite a few HD channels now...
>
> 	All of our local major network affiliate channels in Portland are
> simulcasting for HDTV now.  :D  Even our PBS station. :D

Yeah, all the major stations in Seattle have HD signals too. PBS has 3
HD channels on Comcast cable, in addition to whatever they broadcast. I
think I'm too far from town to get much over broadcast though... :(

> I can hardly wait
> to get an HDTV card like the HiPix 200. :D

The only one supported under Linux and MythTV (preliminarily, anyhow)
is the pcHDTV card...

> 	Then to figure out how to convert the HD streams to something I can
> archive
> with reasonable disk space usage and keep the HD quality.

transcode is supposed to be able to handle this. I'm planning on doing
some work in the arena when my pcHDTV card shows up (assuming I can get
a decent signal for at least one channel), and I believe at least one
other person on the list is working or will be working on the same
thing soon.

> P.S.  WHY do I keep getting shut off this list for excessive bounces
> when I
> 	check my e-mail at LEAST once a day?

It doesn't matter how often you check your mail. It matters how often
your mail server bounces messages sent by the list server. Do you have
some sort of mail filtering that is accidentally blocking messages from
the list, by chance?

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE