[mythtv-users] Has the Hauppauge Freestyle been killed?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Sep 16 16:27:51 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003, at 14:15 US/Pacific, Sean wrote:

> Hello. I am currently lurking with the hope of building a MythTV box
> (my
> first HTPC attempt) very soon. I would like to thank everyone for
> sharing
> their knowledge and experience with everyone else as I have already
> learned
> a great deal simply by reading.
>
> I have decided to base my box on the mighty Hauppauge PVR-250 MPEG-2
> encoding PCI card. However, instead of getting the full-blown retail
> card, I
> was looking at getting a pair of Freestyles. However, it appears that
> they
> have disappeared from any web source. Does anyone know where we can
> buy the
> card or is there the possibility that I can find them in good shape
> used?
> Thanks.

My understanding is that the Freestyle is supposed to be for OEMs only
(for Windows Media Center PCs), then someone caught on that they were
being sold otherwise, and pulled the plug.

Also, please don't reply to a mostly unrelated message and change the
title. It screws up threading. If you have a new message you want to
send, start a new thread by composing a new message.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...