[mythtv-users] My Ultimate Mythtv?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Sep 16 16:24:34 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003, at 14:26 US/Pacific, Brad Sagowitz wrote:

> Cool!  I think thats the way to go.... 3 tuners all dumping to the
> backend.

But if you do decide to try controlling multiple DirecTV receivers from
a single machine, I'd certainly be interested in hearing how it goes
(and I'm sure others would also).

> I may go digital coax...

I'm now remembering the logic behind the argument of coax over optical.
For optical, the signal has to be converted from electrical to optical
then back to electrical, thus a bit of loss is inherent, while coax is
end to end electrical.

> but I'm having problems with alsa (its just me)

:-/

> I'm using your guide Jarod (great work by the way!)

:-)

> I know its just a configuration problem...

I don't recall what your problem is/was, if I ever knew... I can try to
help out, if you want...

> I'm gonna buy a sb audigy 2 to replace the live for
> the living room machine and I'll try again once all the parts come in.

Or just wait for the Audigy 2 to show up.

> Thanks for the input!

No problem.

--Jarod

--