[mythtv-users] M10K HW Decode with PVR-250 and RH9 Help Please

Jamison Wilde jamison_wilde at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 17:45:52 EDT 2003

I've tried going through all the posts, etc.  to
figure out what needs to be done to get this all
working, but it is somewhat confusing. I was hoping to
get this set up before the new fall season started
next week.

Can someone with this setup give some instructions or
point me to existing instructions?  It would be much
appreciated.  (I have installed previously with g200
and PVR250 before hw decode, so I'm not a complete
newbie...)

Specifically:
1) Which version of Xfree needs to be used?  Will the
stock RH9 version work?
2) Which version of the kernel? Stock RH9?
2.4.20-20.9?
3) Which via drivers need to be installed? Currently
there are a bunch of variations: VIA RH9 CLE266
Display ver0.9A.gz and lower, CLEXF40032-bin.zip and
lower, plus all of the lite versions.
4) What needs to be done to modules.conf to get IVTV
and via drivers to work together?

I understand that I need to make changes to
settings.pro to get the mythtv compiled properly.

Thanks.