[mythtv-users] MythTV to become obsolete?

Shay - MythTV mythtv at highstyleweb.com
Mon Sep 15 14:44:14 EDT 2003

At 01:21 PM 9/15/2003, you wrote:
>Shay said:
> > So $600 for 2 TiVo's and $600 more for the 2 lifetime service agreements
> > is
> > better?  And then there not even going to be worth anything in 1-3 years
> > because of updated TiVo's?  I might be off on the prices.. I forget what
> > they are exactly..
>
>Wait a sec here...two Tivos?  The two tuner cards are for multiple streams
>to support live tv pause, etc., on one tv, which I believe one Tivo will
>do as well....

You only need 1 tuner card and 1 graphics card for live tv pause, or to
record a show while watching a previously recorded show.  If you want to
record 1 show and also have live tv pause then you need 2 tuner cards, or 2
tivo's.  1 TiVo handles 1 stream.  2 handles 2 streams.

Am I missing something else you are trying to do?  Why specifically did you
buy 2 tuner cards?

-Shay