[mythtv-users] MythTV to become obsolete?

Shay mythtv at highstyleweb.com
Mon Sep 15 14:05:58 EDT 2003

At 12:48 PM 9/15/2003, you wrote:
>Shay said:
> > Besides, when have you ever bought a computer component and not replaced
> > it
> > within 3 years?
>
>Well, honestly, I've had the same video card for 4 years now.  The same
>harddrive for the same.
>
>And, when I eventually do upgrade those, I'll still use them, but in one
>of the server or thin client boxes on my lan and not my primary desktop.
>The point is, $330 for two year time period for two PVR cards is not,
>imho, the best investment.  I'm going to keep them, but I can be pissed at
>the FCC about it.  ;-)

So $600 for 2 TiVo's and $600 more for the 2 lifetime service agreements is
better?  And then there not even going to be worth anything in 1-3 years
because of updated TiVo's?  I might be off on the prices.. I forget what
they are exactly..

Or are you comparing this to something else?

-Shay aka Devils Advocate