[mythtv-users] MythTV to become obsolete?

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Mon Sep 15 14:51:39 EDT 2003

I wouldn't call it an investment.  What computer equipment is not
outdated in 1-3 years?  You're paying $330 for 1-3 years of recorded tv
goodness.

For example, I payed a lot for my DVD player in 1997, but I got two
years of enjoyment out of it before everyone else jumped on the
bandwagon in '99.   It's not like I look back and say I should have
waited until 1999 to buy my player.  It all depends on how you look at
purchases.  If you keep thinking you should wait until the next best
thing comes out, you might as well not purchase anything.

Let me guess; you do *not* own an HDTV.  ;-)