[mythtv-users] help with ati remote and mythtv

George Herndon gherndon at eyeontech.com
Sun Sep 14 17:50:48 EDT 2003

hi,

i've built my pundit based system with a knoppmyth based hard drive
install.

my video card is the ati remote wonder ve.  i'm trying to configure the
remote and need some help / pointers.

i've installed the ati_remote 2.1.1 drivers from the gatos project and
see feedback from 'cat /dev/input/mice' so i know my system is
receiving commands from the remote. i followed the directions from the
gatos project on sourceforge.  if you can't tell, i'm new to debian,
and don't know where to go from here.

my question is, how do i program mythtv to accept input from the
remote?  do i use an Xmodmap specific for my mythtv user?  do i create
an Xmodmap just for the mythtv app?  if yes on either, where can i get
a pointer on what the file should look like?

if no, then how are people doing this? i've read that the remote is an
extension to the keyboard device, but the directions on install specify
/dev/input/mice, so how can it be a keyboard device?

thanks, i'm looking to get smarter here, and to get my box running
before fall us tv season.

-george