[mythtv-users] Xbox Frontend CD won't boot

kdavis at cfl.rr.com kdavis at cfl.rr.com
Sat Sep 13 23:05:57 EDT 2003

Recently installed Xecutor 2 Pro as first step towards getting mythtv running
on my Xbox.  It appears to be functional...I can boot an Evox CD.

When I try to boot an Xbox Frontend CD, it starts to boot, but then Kernel
panics.  The last two lines of text are:

(not sure about this first word)
/lixxrc: cannot open dev/console: No such file or directory
Kernel panic:  Attempted to kill init!

Also tried to boot the boot_fatx_e.iso from Ed's Debian 4.1 - It appears to
Kernel panic with the same error.

Guess that means it's not a problem with the Xbox frontend....something common
to both ain't right.

Any ideas?

Thanks.