[mythtv-users] Is this a good motherboard for use with Myth

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Sep 13 11:04:43 EDT 2003

On Saturday, Sep 13, 2003, at 02:08 US/Pacific, kim gross wrote:

> I am ready to build a new myth box (backend and frontend), and I was
> wondering if this would be a good motherboard to use?
>
> The Biostar M7NCD is a a Nividia Nforce 2 chipset with onboard lan and
> sound.

Only if you're comfortable hacking around a bit to get everything on an
nForce2 board working under Linux. Otherwise, it should be just fine.
In theory, pretty much any newer board that can be made to work under
Linux should work with MythTV, but as always, ymmv...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...