[mythtv-users] Great, another jitter thread

allred at adelphia.net allred at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 12 14:59:23 EDT 2003

I know there are some threads with similar issues, but despite a search through the list - I'd like to see if anyone can help.

I have the "scrolling news ticker jitter problem" as well as issues with any fast paced camera pan (Football has a slow motion sort of look) watching live or recorded.

Last night I used mencoder to produce an avi of CNN with the ticker.  This file plays without jitter on a Win machine locally and via remote mount over network.  I shut down mythtv and played the file with mplayer on the linux box - same jitter problem.

I have tried every combination of jitter reduction/de-interlacing/av sync/resolution that has been suggested.

DMA settings all check out as per the Docs.  Setup is hardware encoding.

Running RH 9 W/ Myth .11 as per JW's doc - Front/Back on same sys
PVR-250 (pvr250_17_21199)
ASUS V9180TD 64MB MX440 @8X (v. 4363 driver)
AMD 2500 / 333 ATHLON XP BARTON
NFORCE 2 SPP M7NCD PRO BIOSTAR (using onboard sound)
SEAGATE 160GB
VGA Out to Digital 54" Projection

Thanks to all the developers - this is one cool project!