[mythtv-users] SQL command to delete range of channels

Scott Blomfield ScottB at Cavps.com
Fri Sep 12 10:50:07 EDT 2003

This is why you choose databases with rollback capability over those
without it.

Of course, if you don't pay attention to how many rows you just
updated/deleted, you're still pretty much screwed. =)

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith C [mailto:linux at keithandjill.com]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 9:41 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] SQL command to delete range of channels

Nothing against the command line, and for people fluent in SQL, it works
fine. Actually, I'm pretty fluent and I still prefer phpMyAdmin...

Trouble with command line SQL is the power. It's very easy to trash a
whole database with a single command. In fact, yesterday at work someone
ran an update query against one of my databases without specifying a
where clause. Ah, the power to screw every database record in less than
30 seconds.

Anyways, starting to go OT.  For those interested, get it from
phpmyadmin.net, dump it in your web root, modify the config file to
match your mySQL user and password and you're good to go.

Keith C