[mythtv-users] Questions about mythtv

Dan Sheridan djs52 at postman.org.uk
Fri Sep 12 16:30:59 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> writes:

> But has anyone actually seen pre/post work?  Maybe myth is just
> reporting incorrect timestamps for me when I go into the editor, but
> everything I encode is much shorter than it should be.

I delved into this a little while ago when it wasn't working for
me. It looks like the setting in the settings table needs to have the
hostname set to that of the backend. Unfortunately, it seems that the
frontend puts *its* hostname in the table when you edit the setting,
so it has not effect.

IIRC there is a test for whether a setting is localised to particular
hosts -- if the setting already exists in the table, then the frontend
assumes that it is localised and so includes its hostname in the
entry.

Sorry this is a bit vague... I sorted it out by editing the database,
to make sure that the entry for my backend host said the right thing.

   Dan.

--
Dan Sheridan -- Research Student -- LFCS, Division of Informatics
 University of Edinburgh, King's Buildings, Mayfield Road EH9 3JZ