[mythtv-users] Any advantage to compiling with XvMC?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 12 10:42:29 EDT 2003

Yes, I understand *what* it is, but what does it mean for Myth?  How will it
affect my picture quality/CPU load?  Is Myth offloading some processing to
my GF4MX, or is it merely an output enhancement that I couldn't get before?
Sorry if this questions seems stupid, but I've never seen any explanation of
just *how* Myth uses XvMC to its benefit.

-JAC