[mythtv-users] pre and post record...

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Sep 12 00:38:39 EDT 2003

ok, I'm still using cvs from a few days ago (before the qmake changes -
I haven't had time to install a newer version)..  and just sat and
watched top while a recording was set to start.

I have pre/post set to 180 seconds, and the recording started up right
on the hour, instead of 3 minutes beforehand.

HOWEVER, I did notice something...   I've been doing all of this setup
stuff from mythfrontend executed on my workstation, and when I look at
the settings table in the database, I see now that the pre/post are set
for my workstation's host, but not for the backend server.  Shouldn't
these be global settings and not frontend-specific settings (especially
since my workstation doesn't have a tuner or a backend)?

Anyway, I've updated the other settings now, and I assume that things
will work fine now.  But thought that I would mention the host issue.

-Chris