[mythtv-users] Has anyone achieved interlaced output?

Fred byq1iis02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 11 22:25:38 EDT 2003

I asked this question elsewhere but decided to promote it to its own
thread because I haven't found much info out there about this issue.

Once upon a time I had an MJPEG board with a TV out that could generate
interlaced images, and it was very nice to make MPEG2 interlaced
recordings then play them back again.  The problem is that it couldn't
be used for anything other than MJPEG video.

Deinterlacing techniques in software work only so well and can sometimes
produce artifacts.  We're all sending our output (most of us, anyway) to
interlaced output devices (televisions), so our computers really should
be sending interlaced signals.  Has anyone found hardware for doing this
(graphics cards, scan converters, etc.) that can display video as well
as a desktop?

Fred