[mythtv-users] Record duplicates?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Sep 10 14:48:22 EDT 2003

> Makes sense...   my concern, however, is that if I delete the show, and
> then something goes wrong with the new recording, I won't have either
> one hanging around.  (in my case, I've recently bumped up my encoding
> quality, and want to replace all of my current shows with better quality
> recordings)  I don't mind having duplicate shows sitting around (that's
> what I would figure "record duplicates" allows me to do), since I can
> just go in and delete things I don't want.

"record duplicates" checks the recorded table to see if the original recording
is still around to make sure you don't end up with 5 copies of the same episode
if a station decides to air the same episode at 5 different times in a day/week.
I guess it could be an option to check the recorded table or not, but the
recording options stuff is getting really complex as it is.  There have been
some discussions about reworking the suppress/unsuppress/duplicate code so
maybe this option could be part of that when/if it is coded.

--

Chris