[mythtv-users] OT: lm_sensors and Asus Pundit

Ray Gaida rtgaida at comcast.net
Wed Sep 10 11:37:44 EDT 2003

Well, I poked around the lm_sensors site and was able to get it working.

Some background 1st:

Asus Pundit
PVR-250
kernel-2.4.20-20_29.rh9 from atrpms

I did this:

#/sbin/modprobe i2c-sis645    'this is the module for the Pundit
#/sbin/modprobe i2c-dev
#/usr/sbin/sensors-detect         'this finds the sensors and sets it up

When prompted to probe now answer YES.
Answer NO to be prompted for non-detectable adapters.
Answer NO when prompter to scan the ivtv i2c driver.    'I didn't try it
since there isn't any monitoring on it
Answer YES to scan SMBus Sis645 adapter at 0xe600 (Non-I2C SMBus adapter).
Answer YES to scan the ISA bus.
Answer YES to Scan for Super I/O sensors.
Press ENTER to see the summary.
Answer ISA when prompted to generate the commands needed    'I did this
because the lm78 driver misdetected yet the ISA came up OK
Answer YES to generate the /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors
Follow the instructions about adding I2C modules options to
/etc/modules.conf    'I put it below the lirc_i2c option to be safe
Reboot
issue:

#sensors

That should show the info.
Looking at my info, I am a little worried:
Temp2/CPU is +86C
Looks like the next issue for me.

Good luck,
Ray