[mythtv-users] PVR Project for beginner

imlinux at consultingp.com imlinux at consultingp.com
Wed Sep 10 01:41:59 EDT 2003

Not to scare you off or anything but its a little bit of work even for
someone with Linux experience.  I still spend lots of time working on it
and playing around with it and tweaking it.  Messing around with the
configurations after you've gotten everything working is half the fun.
Even though it gets tricky sometimes it's  worth every minute of it.  I
haven't looked at what hardware your  considering using but I'd double
check and make sure that all of the  hardware is supported properly.  I'm
using the EPIA-M stuff and a PVR-250, the driver setup for this hardware
isn't exactly a walk in the park.  But if your looking to learn about
linux and just need something to work on this is something that will help
you learn a bit of this and a bit of that of the linux world.

	-Mike