[mythtv-users] Any MythTV users in Australia?

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 10 11:07:57 EDT 2003

Nope!

> I'm valiantly trying to get a new Myth system going with the eventual
aim
> of
> having digital and analogue tuner cards. At the moment, I'm having
enough
> problems with just an analogue card. (Eg. my recent post about not
being
> able to
> get LIRC running.)

Haven't tried to setup a remote yet...

> Some questions for ya:
> - Is the www.ebroadcast.com.au XMLTV download usable?

Yes, I was using this with Myth and it worked great! The main issue that
I noticed is that in a few of the program descriptions there are web
links. When displayed in the program guide, these appear as html /
javascript code (however there weren't many programs with web links).
After speaking with Roh, he says this is on the todo list. Also, when he
has tidied things up a bit, it should be included in the official xmltv.

> - What about digital cards? Is it actually possible to use the
Australian
> system
> compatible cards available now with MythTV?

Reading some of the other messages in this thread, it appears yes. I've
got a couple of DVB-T cards that I will try to get going in Myth as soon
as I get some time.

> Cheers,
> Martin

Cheers,